Saturday, January 25, 2014

Diva's Q&A With Nick Santonastasso - He Who Gave Norman Reedus A Really Good Scare

Pardon Red Dot Diva for one more zombie blog post before she sails into other territories.

If only for awhile!

This little prank was too hilarious to pass up and share with all who love the "The Walking Dead", and particularly, with  all the fellow Norman Reedus fans, out there.

After Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus did their rounds of highly energetic fan events, a masterclass with drama students and charming the socks off media folk at press roundtables in Singapore, they both headed straight to Tokyo, Japan for their next wave of promo for "The Walking Dead".


That was where the series' "ultimate fan" and Vine Zombie Prankster Nick Santonastasso, managed to spook Norman Reedus out with the help of Andrew Lincoln and "The Walking Dead"'s executive producer and special effects makeup designer, Greg Nicotero!

As part of the social media campaign “#getFOXed”, check out this super-entertaining video of what went on behind the scenes of the hilarious prank, and how poor unsuspecting Norman finally got scared the bejeesus out of him.




Seeing Norman blush like a teenage boy in the control room watching himself get pranked was simply too adorable too. Doncha think?

But the most interesting story of the prank was how New Jersey teenager Nick Santonastasso, who was born with Hanhart Syndrome, has become an international Vine star and social media sweetheart with nearly 12,000 followers on Twitter.


Nosy as always, Red Dot Diva got the chance to pose Nick a few quick questions:

Red Dot Diva: What was the best experience being part of this #GetFoxed prank in Japan with Greg Nicotero, Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus? 
Nick: The best experience of being apart of the whole prank was getting a successful reaction out of Norman knowing that he would be one of the hardest people to scare. Especially with him being so used to zombies it was a big challenge. 

Red Dot Diva: When was the key moment when you decided to do zombie scare pranks on Vine?  
Nick: The key moment was when I told myself that I wanted to be big and popular all over. I wanted to do something that no one else could be better at than myself. Also inspiring at the same time using my disability to show people life is good no matter what the circumstances.

Red Dot Diva: Have you ever been hurt/ hit before ... by a very very terrified zombie prank victim? 
Nick: I've been hit once which was my second prank done I startled the women and she turned and continued to hit me with the tube of wrapping paper.

Red Dot Diva: Who is your favourite character in "The Walking Dead", and why? 
Nick: My favorite character would be Daryl because he is just a bad ass and doesn't show much emotion but deep down he cares for the people he is around.

Red Dot Diva: You are an inspiration to many with your zest for life, positive outlook and sense of humor. Who inspires you the most?
Nick: My fans inspire me most and give me the most drive because when I see the amount of people I impact on a daily around the entire world gives me such an amazing feeling. I'm living my dream. I'm inspiring the world and entertaining the world at the same time. It's what I wanted to do in life and I'm doing it.

And please do keep on livin' it, Nick!
Maybe you could come visit us at the Red Dot Island sometime and give us all a real good scare!

-------------------

Photos and Video Copyright: © FOX International Channels 2014

Follow Nick Santonastasso:
- Twitter
- Vine

Diva Zombie **MWAHS** to Nick for taking the time with this little interview.
And to MPRM Communications and FOX for assisting with the Q&A!

--------------------

The continuing episodes of "The Walking Dead" Season 4 premieres in Singapore on Fox Movies Premium, Starhub Channel 622 on 10 February 2014, 11:30AM!
The episodes air just 1.5 hours after the telecast in the USA!
Repeat telecast is at 8:10PM.

The series is also aired on FOX Movies Premium (SingTel mio TV CH. 414).

-------------------

Curious about what happened when Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus were here in Singapore for "The Walking Dead" Live? Here are Red Dot Diva's recap:
Part 1: click here
Part 2: click here
Part 3: click here

-----------------

No comments:

Post a Comment